USS Nightmare Review - 2024




This year, I traveled up to Cincinnati for a couple haunts. The second haunt I went to was USS Nightmare.

I must say USS Nightmare is one of the most unique haunted house attractions I have ever been to. The haunt is actually located on a dredge boat, and the theming is incredible. Every scene relates to the boat in some way, and I loved the attention to detail. 


The haunted attraction is also massive. It is one of the longest attractions I’ve ever been to, taking 45 minutes to go through. I did the RIP tour which I highly recommend. It makes the experience more interactive, where the actors can touch you and take you into extra rooms where you have to complete tasks in order to move on. This made the attraction, very unique and interactive. The only other haunt I can kind of related to is the 17th Door in California. However, this haunt is not as intense or extreme as that one. 


I love how there were puzzles scattered throughout the attraction, and I loved the cohesive theming throughout the entire show. I also thought the actors here were great. They interacted with guests in a way that elevates the experience, never breaking character. Rather than actors simply doing jump, scares and moving on, they actually talk to the guests. I did not find there to be many jump scares, so some people may find this haunt not to be as intense, but I really loved this haunt because it felt more like a show or escape room. 


The attention to detail, cohesive theming, unique atmosphere, and lots of interaction make this one of the most unique shows I’ve ever been to. 


Sets 10/10

Immersion/Theming 10/10

Cast 10/10

Fright 6/10


9/10 Stars!!

Comments