The Dent Schoolhouse Review- 2024



 


This year, I traveled to Cincinnati for a couple haunts. The first haunt I went to was The Dent Schoolhouse. This was my first time going to Dent Schoolhouse, and I must say, I was very impressed. 


I went through Dent Schoolhouse alone, and I must say, it was very intense. Not only are the atmosphere and sets creepy, but there are some well hidden jump scares too. The actors got me quite a few times, which usually I can predict where they are coming from. At Dent Schoolhouse, however, they were really well hidden. I thought I knew where the actors were coming out from, but more times than not, I was wrong.


The sets were extremely well done, and I thought the theming was very unique. The only other “school” themed haunt I have been to was at Nashville Nightmare, but this one was unique, as it centers around the school’s history, with some other themes added in too. I thought the mix of school theming, alongside the “fall festival” theming was very well done and cohesive. 


There were some really creepy and detailed scenes that stood out to me. The first one I thought was the most creepy was the basement scene, where I was jump scared multiple times by the same two actors. The sets in the basement were very creepy, reminding me of A Nightmare on Elm Street. The second scene that stood out to me was the clown section outdoors. This is the best clown themed area I have ever seen in a haunted house. It had the perfect mix of props, sets, and live actors. It also had some well hidden jump scares. The third scene I loved was the asylum scene. This is a part where a character was climbing around the walls, which is some of the best and most creative work I have ever seen in a haunted house attraction. 


I really loved this attraction. It is very well known in the industry, constantly being called one of the nation’s best attractions, and now I know why. 


Sets 10/10

Immersion/Theming 10/10

Cast 10/10

Fright 10/10


10/10 Stars!!



Comments