Netherworld Haunted House “Wake the Dead” and “Mr. Grendel’s Birthday Party of Horrors” Review- 2024


 As always, I went to Netherworld this year. Netherworld has always been one of my favorite haunts in the nation, and being from Atlanta, I make sure I go at least once a year. 


This year, Netherworld has two haunts. The first one is called Wake the Dead and the other one is Mr Grendel’s Birthday Party of Horrors! I still start by writing about Wake the Dead, and then the second one. 


Wake the Dead has many familiar parts to it from past years, but also manages to be its own unique show. I like how Netherworld changed quite a bit of the path this year, pulled out some scenes, and created some new ones. Many of the scenes that I recognized from past years had some things change, and I liked how this show felt fresh, as though I had never been through it before. I loved all the added details! Each year I go through their show, it just gets better and more detailed! 


The second haunt I really enjoyed, but not as much as the first. I am typically not a huge fan of clown attractions. This haunt also had a sci-fi theme to it, which I did not particularly care for, and did not think it mixed as well theming wise with the clown “birthday party” they were trying to create it. I feel like a lot of scenes from past years were redecorated rather than recreated. There was not a lot that felt new for the indoors part of the attraction. However, the outside clown area they built was amazing. All of it seemed new, well themed, and detailed. 


Netherworld always puts on great shows. I definitely enjoyed both of their shows this year, even though the main show was my favorite!


Sets 10/10

Immersion/Theming 8/10

Cast 9/10

Fright 7/10


8.5/10 Stars!! 

Comments