Nightmare's Gate (Douglasville, GA) Review- 2023

 Nightmare's Gate has two shows this year. One is called "Terror Falls" and the other is "Longview Estate." I have been through Terror Falls before, but this was my first time seeing Longview Estate.

I noticed a couple changes to Terror Falls this year, but did not see any major changes. Still, this remains one of my favorite haunt attractions. If you have read my previous review on Nightmare's Gate, you would see how much I love this haunt. The cast and crew at Nightmare's Gate do an incredible job at immersing audience through their shows, through cohesive theming and scenic design. Terror Falls truly transports guests into its setting, as everything is so detailed. There is a really cool area in this show with a swinging bridge over a pool of water, next to a waterfall, and it is just so well done. The entire show is stunning to look at and very immersive.

This was my first time going through Longview Estate, and I was very impressed. The sets in this show are so detailed and stunning to look at. It is a completely different theme from Terror Falls, but it is just as immersive and captivating. Once again, Nightmare's Gate has created a show with cohesive theming and incredible scenic design, really immersing guests into the world they built. Walking through this attraction actually feels like you are walking through a house. There are no scenes that really feel out of place and each individual room and section of the haunt fits in perfectly. Guests go through a kitchen, bedrooms, hallways, a closet area, library, etc. and nothing feels out of place. There are no "random" scenes thrown in, and I really appreciate that about Nightmare's Gate. They pay so much attention when creating shows that are cohesive.

Having detailed sets and cohesive theming is incredibly important to me, but without great actors, a show can really lose its immersive factor. I feel it is so important to recognize the cast members at this show because they are all great. They do a great job of immersing guests, interacting with them, and delivering jump scares. The team at Nightmare's Gate has clearly put a lot of thought into training their actors and placing characters into proper scenes. The costuming/makeup at the show is also really impressive.

I love going to Nightmare's Gate every year, and this year is absolutely no exception. I would argue this is the best year I have ever seen at Nightmare's Gate. (Might I also add, it is the longest show I have ever seen them do- nearly 45 minutes of pure incredibleness!) They continue to outdo themselves year after year, and I really can't wait to see what they do next!


SCORE

Sets 10/10

Theming + Immersion 10/10

Performances 10/10

Fright 8/10


Overall: 9.5/10 Stars



Comments