Camp Blood (Carrollton, GA) Review- 2023

 Our first stop this haunt season was Camp Blood located in Carrollton, GA!

It has been years since I have been to Camp Blood, but I was really excited to return and see their show this year. It did not disappoint!


Camp Blood is located in the middle of the woods. The drive itself sets up the ambiance, before you arrive to the premises and hang out in the waiting area, which is one of the best waiting areas I’ve ever seen at a haunt. While most haunts use a queue system/line, Camp Blood gives you a token with a letter on it. While waiting, you can hang out in an area that has lots to do. There is a campfire, movie theater, concessions, palm reading, and a carnival game (which ticket proceeds go to CHOA), and actors. I feel like the ticket admission for the “haunt” was an incredible value because we were constantly entertained as soon as we arrived on property. 

After hanging out for about an hour, our letter was called and we headed into the haunt. 


The haunt was awesome, nearly a 0.5 mile trail through the woods. Here are some of the highlights of the experience I really liked:

-The entrance to the haunt is really creative. You actually enter into the haunt through a coffin, which I found to be really creative. 

-I liked the fun house and swamp scenes. While these did not use lots of special effects and animatronics, I feel like haunt does an incredible job of flooring the areas guests walk through. It really creates a good sense of immersion. 

-The graveyard scene also stood out to me! It had a really cool atmosphere for this outside portion of the haunt. 

-The following is a minor spoiler, but also my favorite part of the show. This haunt has a very creative scene, where guests are turned around and have to run backwards after coming to a dead end with a character with a chainsaw. This was the most intense part of the haunt for me, and I feel the execution of this scene was excellent. 


I feel like Camp Blood is an excellent old school haunt. It is a massive trail, taking about 25-30 minutes to go through. While the trail does not have major special effects/animatronics like other haunts in the Atlanta area, they do an excellent job at creating an immersive atmosphere. The actors are great and the trail in general has a lot of themes/areas to see. 


We had a great time at Camp Blood and would highly recommend it! 


SCORE

Sets 8/10

Theming + Immersion 10/10

Performances 10/10

Fright 8/10


Overall:

9/10 Stars

* score updated Oct 1, 2023 using our new grading scale

Comments