Nashville Nightmare- 2020 Review

 This was my first time visiting Nashville Nightmare. It has been on my list for quite a while and is constantly nationally ranked as one of the best haunts in the U.S so I was super excited to go see it.


Pros:

This haunted house attraction is MASSIVE and features 6 attractions. And wow, it was incredible! I am so glad I made the 4 hour drive to see the show this year and it was completely worth it. Upon arriving, Nashville Nightmare creates an amazing atmosphere. They have a huge midway area with concessions, a gift shop, etc. This place feels more like a festival than just a haunt and thats something I loved about it. The 6 attractions are divided into three different lines. The first grouping of haunts we went through linked together Trick 'r Treat, Asylum, and Cursed. All three of these shows were amazing. Trick 'r Treat was my favorite attraction of the whole night and had an awesome classic haunted house theme... the atmosphere/scenery worked really well with it. Asylum, although it is something a lot of haunts have done before, was also really well put together. Cursed was definitely my second favorite of the evening. It had a really cool fairy-tale story vibe to it and my favorite part was all the pirate theming towards the end. This portion of the tour took about 35 minutes to go through all 3 shows.

The second line took us to Horror High and Sector 615. Horror High was a really unique, one of a kind attraction. It had a really cool high school theme throughout, with different scenes of a school. Each scene was incredibly well done and it had a more comedic element to it, something I really found unique. Sector 615, the zombie theme, is a theme I have seen many times in the haunt industry, but once again, Nashville Nightmare manages to put it together so well that it felt new. These two shows took about 15 minutes to go through total.

(s)Laughter, the last house, was an add-on and had some really fun themes as well. It was definitely worth the extra $5 and took about 7 minutes to go through.

Overall, this show had a ton of animatronics and the attention to detail they put into the different scenes were some of the best I have ever seen in a haunt. Even though they did not have as many actors as some other haunts I've been to, I fell in love with the atmosphere, big budget animatronics, and extremely well done details to the scenes. The theming of each show stuck well to that particular theme and I loved how it felt like one huge attraction divided into different areas- not just a mixture of random scenes like some haunts do.

Even though the tickets to this show are a little higher, $40 per a person on Halloween Night when we went, it is worth every penny. The show took nearly an hour to go through, making it the longest attraction I think I have ever been to.


Cons:

I really can't think of any cons about the show itself. Organization wise, the only thing I wish was different was that they sent us through Horror High/Sector 615 first. Even though this show was well done, my favorite shows were Trick 'r Treat and Cursed. I would have loved to save that lineup of shows for last. Perhaps, it would have been even more awesome to link all 6 shows together, making it feel like one huge hour long show, instead of 3 separate lines.

That is a really nit-picky attempt at coming up with a con for this show though. Overall, it is one of the best haunts I have ever been to.

10/10 Stars









Comments