Paranoia Haunted House 2020- Review

 I had the chance to visit Paranoia Haunted House this year, like I try to do every year! Unfortunately, last year I missed it, but it was awesome to return to one of my favorite haunted houses of the Atlanta area.

This year, Paranoia has two haunts: Quarantine Unleashed and Cursed.


Pros:

I want to start with Cursed, their bonus attraction because WOW! I love both attractions here but their bonus attraction was definitely my favorite. Its kind of strange, every year I always love this show more than the main one for some reason, even though its the "add on." This haunted house is definitely the most detailed haunted house I have ever been in. From the opening scene as you approach the cabin/house, it is completely immersive. It feels as though you are walking outside and into a house cursed by demons. It is extremely creepy, with symbols all over the wall and incredible, gory detailed props. The actors are great as well and although the haunt doesn't have a ton of jump scares, it is definitely the best show I have been through so far this year.

Quarantine Unleashed, their second attraction was great as well, even though it wasn't my favorite. This show was intense, with a ton of jump scares. It had a completely different theme from the other haunt but thats what I really like about Paranoia. They always have two shows with drastically different themes. Its rare that my heart pounds during a haunt but this haunted house was incredibly intense!

Also, the haunts had a lot added on from previous years making it a bit longer... definitely a bonus and an area of opportunity I've seen in past years. I believe each haunt took about 10-15 minutes each, with a total runtime of 25-30 minutes. Each corner of each haunt was filled with a lot of detail, making it definitely worth it. 


Cons:

The lines were very long, but this did not effect us as we purchased a fast pass for $15 more. I heard from other guests that the lines were 2-3 hours per a haunted house and I have waited in those lines in past years! The fastpass is definitely worth the extra $15 on top of the $35 admission fee. Although it seems a bit pricey for a haunted house, the incredible show definitely makes it worth the admission.


10/10 STARS


-Ryan Manley

The Haunt Journal




Comments