Dread Hollow "Cursed"- Review

 This was my first year visiting Dread Hollow in Chattanooga, TN. This particular haunted house has made national rankings over the years and I was glad to finally have the chance to visit it. Although it is not located at Ruby Falls anymore, it is still owned by Ruby Falls and built by the same team who put the haunt together in the cavern!


Pros:

Dread Hollow had some really awesome scenes and atmosphere. The Queue line was really awesome and had some cool jump scares!

One scene in particular was their swamp scene, which they put together in the deli section of the (once it was a) grocery store. Water was dripping from the irrigation lines and had a cool rainy effect. (Thanks to my friend J Star for this info, he went to a Behind the Scenes Tour and learned this)

There was also an awesome boat scene and I loved the area surrounding it, looking like water. Also, the last scene with not one but two alligators was awesome!

The actors here were really good as well and did a great job in their roles!

I loved the set designs, particularly towards the end which I mentioned above. The haunted house also took 25 minutes to go through, a little bit longer than average which was a definite bonus, making it worth the ticket price!

COVID guidelines were very well followed. I felt very safe as well!


Cons:

I would say the first 1/3 of the haunt had a ton of empty space and was a bit disappointing. I started going through the haunt and actually found it to be a bit below average. It wasn't until about 2/3 of the way through that the haunted house started getting detailed! I did not really care for the theming of the prison, it had a lot of dark, long hallways without much set design and just a few actors. 

However, once getting further into the attraction it was great! I mentioned those awesome scenes above. The actors were great and they had a decent amount of them.


Would definitely recommend Dread Hollow! Hopefully, they take some time to update the first part of the attraction next year though, as that was my only major flaw.


8/10 Stars


-Ryan Manley

The Haunt Journal



Comments